The Senior Accountant role will be our first Finance-only hire. As part of an early-stage startup, you are expected to play multiple roles all the while thinking about how to strategically build a cutting-edge finance team. The right candidate will grow into an increasingly senior role as the team evolves and grows.
You need to be ready to roll-up your sleeves and at the same time be prepared to report and have strategic discussions with our Executive team. Over time there is significant upward potential for this role for the right candidate.
- Own the monthly, quarterly, and annual close and preparation of financial statements.
- Manage payroll & benefits
- Manage all accounts receivable and payable with an external partner
- Be a trusted partner to other teams
- Manage relationships with auditors and facilitate financial audits
- Own budgeting process and tracking
- Work with the Executive team and strategy for maintaining proforma and financial planning and analysis
Who you are
- CPA with an active license
- Strong knowledge of Canadian and US GAAP
- 3+ years of experience inclusive of experience with the Big 4 or equivalent
- Startup experience in a FinTech role is desirable
- Working knowledge of tax and cross-border tax issues
- Experience building something from scratch
- A hard-working work ethic with a team-first mindset
- Comfortable working in ambiguity
- Enjoy laughing and having fun while working
- Don’t take life too seriously
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO policy