You will work within our mortgage operations team, and for the right person, there is a tremendous upward trajectory to this position. Expect to work closely with different departments to continuously make more and more of the process automated, allowing for a better customer experience and a more enjoyable job.
The team will grow quickly, and the right person is ready to roll up their sleeves and deal with the fast-paced nature of a startup bringing something new and awesome to the world.
- Take ownership of taking a completed application to funding, working alongside underwriter, sales team, and mortgage broker
- Provide instructions to title and conveyance to fund a deal
- Communicate with management, brokers, borrowers, our retained lawyer both through phone and email.
- Schedule and prepare documentation for appraisals and inspections.
- Provide assistance to the underwriting department.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules
- Completes all necessary transnational documentation in compliance with security measures.
- Always seeking the opportunity to optimize and automate processes where it makes sense.
Who you are
- At least 3+ years of residential mortgage experience in BC and Ontario (as an administrator/funder/underwriter/legal assistant/conveyancer)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Sub-mortgage broker license is an asset
- Demonstrated interest/aptitude for real estate
- Experience working at a startup is preferred
- Curious and fast learner
- Comfortable and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Independent with a strong sense of initiative
- A hard-working work ethic with a team-first mindset
- Comfortable working in ambiguity
- Enjoy laughing and having fun while working
- Don’t take life too seriously
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO policy
Diversity and Inclusion statement
At Fraction, we are committed to providing an environment where people of all types have mutual respect for one another. We recognize that we are greater together than the sum of our parts. We reflect our customers’ diversity and we know that we make better decisions and work is happier, more productive, and meaningful when we do it surrounded by diversity. We celebrate difference rather than just tolerance.